Yes, it is the summers and its cruel out there. However, sitting at home you can stir up a party, with fresh and tasty watermelon at your beck and call. During summers, one needs to have this fruit around, because apart from refreshing and energising the body, watermelon can actually give your body plenty of other benefits, which would make you happy.
Right from lowering the blood pressure in your body to fighting unwanted weight gain, watermelon would do wonders for you. Even the seeds of watermelon can help fight uric acid influx too, and it would get your body hydrated with all the fluids it needs as well. Plus, since the fruit has plenty of natural sugars, you wouldn’t gain weight, and your fats would be dissolved too. Even HDL or good cholesterol would be promoted and your heart would thank you as well.
Watermelon thus is a popular fruit, and one of the best juicy delights you could have. So bring to your body a blessing of minerals and vitamins, and let the skin and hair too shine and bounce. Vegetarians too would benefit from watermelon consumption, since it has fatty acids and proteins, which are a must for the growth and development of the body.
1. The juicy watermelon ahs plenty of amino acids which is needed by the body to perform its normal actions on a day to basis. The metabolism levels of the body too would be taken care of, since there is enough potential for the calcium in the fruit to give it a boost. Calcium as we all know is important for the strengthening of tissues and bones in the body. Sexual health too would be helped when the amino acids from the watermelon plays it’s role.
See More: Taro Root Health Benefits
2. The body needs a good dose of unsaturated fats, which comes from the seeds of the water melon. Even omega fats too come from the watermelon, and this would bring in the much needed energy which the body needs, dont worry you won’t put on weight no matter how much watermelon you consume. Even if you have dried watermelon seeds everyday, your body would get all the fats it needs.
3. As a source of magnesium, watermelon can do wonders for the body and maintains the body functions too. Even the heart would be happy and the blood pressure levels wouldn’t go bonkers, since the fruit can maintain it all. There is proof that watermelon can actually help patients with diabetes as well, since the fruit has natural sugars which lowers the glucose levels in the body too
4. Male fertility can be enhanced, thanks to the lycopene antioxidants found in the fruits seeds. This would be one of the best home remedies coming down through ancient times and used across many homes in the world
5. When you fall ill, the body gets weak and the immunity system goes for a toss. To recover and recuperate, patients are advised to have enough of watermelon and its seeds to recover.
See More: Health Benefits Of Tomato
6. Even those who suffer from memory issues can have watermelon. To steer clear from future mental issues such as dementia and Alzheimer’s, one should have watermelon which will keep the brain functioning well and strong.
7. Diabetes as mentioned before can be brought down with the consumption of watermelon and the seeds too. A glass of the juice everyday would help control diabetes and glucose levels in the blood on a day to day basis, say experts.
8. Get your skin moisturised and softened, with the fatty acids in watermelon. It makes the skin smooth and soft as a baby’s bottom. You could have it consumed or use the paste of watermelon as a face pack.
9. Want to stop premature greying of hair, have watermelon and the seeds too. Copper is present in the seeds especially, which is what makes the hair dark and black. The mineral helps with the promotion of melanin in the body too, and brings colour to the skin and hair as well. Even hair breakage would be prevented, thanks to the availability of fatty acids in the fruit.
See More: Health Benefits Of Yellow Bell Peppers
a. Did you know that sexual performances would be enhanced and can be better when you have a glass of watermelon juice? The fruit is known and has been used as an aphrodisiac since ancient times, so to hell with Viagra, use what mother nature has in store for you and let the blood flow to make it last long and strong!!
b. There is a lot of L-Citruline in the watermelon which is an amino acid, and we all know how important amino acids are for the body.
c. Watermelon should be consumed by those who have problems with high blood pressure
d. Watermelons are diuretic and can help with hydrating the body on a large scale
e. Since the body needs enough of minerals and vitamins on a daily basis to perform its functions normally, watermelon can help bring all of that and more into the body
f. You wouldn’t put on weight having watermelon, since the fruit has no fats, no calories and is full of goodness
There are many recipes online which can teach you how to make smoothies and juices, check them out now and refresh your body this instant!
These were the best nine reasons why we love watermelon. If you would like to share some of your tips and ideas with us, please feel free to write in or comment below. We love hearing from you as we love sharing with you.
Image Source: Shutterstock
Prev postNext post